In his book human universals donald e brown conducts a meta study of the anthropological literature to establish the existence of universals and then builds an astonishing list of the behaviours that are universal to us all across cultures history and geography it is a very interesting list. 1 human universals compiled by donald e brown as published in the blank slate by steven pinker 2002 new york viking press brown de 1991 human universalsnew york mcgraw hill also see brown de 2000. Abstraction in speech thought actions under self control distinguished from those not under control aesthetics. Brown provides a detailed history of how anthropology has resisted the notion of human universals he summarizes the prevailing 1991 paradigm in anthropology as follows all that is meaningful in human behavoir is influenced determined by sociological and cultural forces
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.