The movement of the plates creates three types of tectonic boundaries convergent where plates move into one another divergent where plates move apart and transform where plates move sideways . Plate tectonics is a revolutionary theory on a par with modern genetics yet apart from the frequent use of cliches such as tectonic shift by economists journalists and politicians the science itself is rarely mentioned and poorly understood. Tectonic plates move because they are floating on top of the mantle the mantle itself moves due to convection currents hot rock rises gives off some heat then falls this creates vast swirls of moving rock under the crust of the earth which jostles the plates of crust on top
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.