Aretha franklin was born in memphis tennessee in 1942 a gifted singer and pianist franklin toured with her fathers traveling revival show and later visited new york where she signed with . Aretha louise franklin was born on march 25 1942 in memphis tennessee and grew up in detroit where her father the rev cl franklin served as minister at the new bethel baptist church her . Aretha franklin whose gospel rooted singing and bluesy yet expansive delivery earned her the title the queen of soul has died a family statement said thursday she was 76. Aretha franklin the queen of soul died thursday morning at her home in detroit after a long battle with cancer her family said in a statement she was 76 years old she was 76 years old
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.