Sarah charlesworth 1947 2013 was a highly influential artist whose work examined the role that photographic images play in contemporary culture she aligned closely with a group of new york based artists in the 1980s known as the pictures generation which included jack goldstein sherrie levine richard prince and laurie simmons among others. Sarah charlesworths toile referencing toile de jouy the town in which the ubiquitous pastoral printed fabric was produced poses a photograph of a rectangular swath of the deep crimson and cream textile charlesworths appropriation of the popular 18th century french pattern aims to explore
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.