The sick rose is a poem by william blake the first publication was in 1794 when it was included in his collection titled songs of experience as the 39th plate. O rose thou art sick poet painter engraver and visionary william blake worked to bring about a change both in the social order and in the minds of men. The speaker addressing a rose informs it that it is sick an invisible worm has stolen into its bed in a howling storm and under the cover of night the dark secret love of this worm is destroying the roses life the two quatrains of this poem rhyme abcb the ominous rhythm of. The sick rose analysis by william blake the poem the sick rose by william blake is quite deep difficult to understand and full of various themes we cannot conclude a single meaning to this poem i have read a dozen of online
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.